So last year at this time I was very concerned about my dear Charles not speaking. When Ethan was that age he had the vocabulary of a college student...I know I am not supposed to compare our children...but...it happens. Well friends, he has found his voice and then some.
This past weekend Charlie was sick and we headed to the local doc-in-a-box. As he sat there waiting with his brother, very patiently I might add, the nurse and I discussed his symptoms. All of a sudden I hear from Charlie's mouth, "Hello gorgeous!" The nurse looked at me and laughed so hard. She asked if he had said that before and I told her I had not ever heard that phrase nor did I have any idea where he got it. It is not like my dear husband runs through the door every night, taking me up in his arms and saying, "Hello gorgeous." He does say very nice things but life itself seems to get in the way of any lovey-dovey talk lately.
My point is: Not only is Charlie speaking but he is doing it very well. His favorite thing to say when asked any question is, "I don't know." We also call he and his brother Pete and Repeat as he will repeat what Ethan's says and ends it with his voice going up as if asking a question. Our Charlie has grown so much this past year, fears of serious speech issues have been thrown to the wayside and thankfulness for his brilliant sense of humor fills our hearts. Now we are excited wondering, "What will Charlie say next?"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What a great story. I love reading your blog.
Hi Ashley,
I caught up on your blog--I've been grading, not reading, for a few days! I laughed at this one--the only things that Josh and I are likely to say "Hello Gorgeous" to at this point in the school year are an apple pie and a nice comfy bed to sleep in!--Kathryn
I'm sure Charlie hears his dad say that to his mom all the time :)
Post a Comment